We at Pomp & Sass value kind honesty. If we haven’t answered a question you have please let us know and we will do our best to answer it. Everyone is welcome.
- Woven towels are traditional towels that originated from hot climate countries. Other names for them are Turkish towels, Hammam towels, Pestemals and Futas.
- The’re primary virtues are their soft, smooth weave, absorbency, lightweight and versatility. Made of pure cotton, they are hypoallergenic and durable.
Cotton absorbs up to 25% of its weight in water. Our products have a lovely long strand cotton yarn which allows it to stay thin while maintaining it’s absorbent qualities.
Caring for your cotton towel is stress free. Simply add it to your cotton machine cycle or wash it by hand with any detergent. Hang to dry or put it in the machine with wool dryer balls. We recommend avoiding fabric softener as it will clog the cotton.
Your towels are fine. To rinse out the fabric softener, try adding a cup of white vinegar to your next washing cycle to clear out the chemicals.
Yes you can. Use the cotton setting with steam.
Yes! To remove the tassels, carefully cut the tassels off using sharp fabric scissors. Double role a half inch hem along the cut edge and sew.
Hand looming a towel is very time consuming and uncessary with available technology. It’s also uncommon because it increases the cost of the product by a lot. At Pomp & Sass, we choose to have our towels machine made and hand finished. The quality of life for the manufacture is better because the work is lighter.
We generally donate to The Canadian Women’s Foundation. Sometimes we partner with other charities for fundraisers and donations.
We support the third goal of Good Health and Wellbeing with our wellness blog and company policies.
Although we pay fairly for our product and practices, the supplier of yarn cannot provide a FLOCERT certificate which is required to be officially recognized in this way. Until then we will wait for our certification before marketing as Fair Trade. At this time, we do not have the resources to purchase the required minimum order quantity from the Faire Trade Certified manufacturer in Turkey. We are working towards this goal.
Pomp & Sass is a social enterprise because we offer an eco friendly product, we ship in a sustainable way, we manufacture ethically with fair pay and strict employment standards and we donate a portion of profits to charity.
B Corp certification is very expensive and time consuming. Although one day it will be nice to have, giving to charity is a more pressing commitment right now.
- Manufacturing employees work from 8am to 5pm with two 15 minute tea breaks and an hour lunch. They are all adults, some are women and they have a clean, safe working space. They are paid fairly.
- Our Canadian employees are paid above minimum wage regardless of their responsibilities. They are allowed to work from home or provided a safe, ergonomic working space. Working hours are flexible 9-5 Mon-Fri with holidays.
- Affiliate and freelance workers are paid fairly and on time. They manage their own hours and have ensured they are conscious about their environmental footprint.
- Yes our company is women owned and we support both a local and internationally owned business at all times. Our manufacturer also supports local women who can and cannot leave the home for employment.
- This includes non binary people .
- We hire based on merit with a minimum or three aplican interviews. Applicants must show diversity in age, race and gender or we relaunch the listing. Although we do not inquire about orientation, we work with people from all walks of life because we are all equals.
- We actively practice equality, inclusivity and celebration in our marketing. Because all people are beautiful we work to showcase this.
- Once a year we have an inclusivity audit to support our growth and shine light on our shortcomings. We hope this will help us with our blindspots and represent our audience in a better way.
- Nothing is perfect and we acknowledge that our company comes from a place of privilege. We want to make the world a better place where we can all excel together.
We believe that honouring our privilege of working on land we do not lay claim to should be normal. Therefore we publicly thank the people giving us this opportunity in the same way we would if we had a conference.
- We do not agree with rainbow washing practices. If you see a rainbow on anything we sell or publish you can rest assured that we support our LGBTQ2+ community all year. Our founder is non binary and we work with several people in the LGTB community.
- We do not agree with Green washing practices. We sell a sustainable product and practice sustainable business practices. While our branding includes a lot of green we are a green company. Nothing is perfect and we strive to improve continuously.
Unwashed towels that are still in their original condition with the swing tags intact, can be returned. These towels must be unwashed, unused and in original condition. We need to be able to sell them for a refund to be applied.
If towels are returned used, damaged or in questionable condition, no refund is issued. A report will be sent to the customer and the product will be sent for fabric recycling. This decision is at the discretion of our customer service. Decisions are final.
Shipping for refunded goods is paid for by the customer.
Because this is a hygiene item, once a product is used or washed it cannot be resold. We ask that customers commit to their purchase before using and washing their purchase.
Please send it back to us within 30 days of purchase for a refund. Ensure the tags are intact and there is no damage, scent or signs of wear on the product.
Towels are a personal hygiene product. For your safety, we cannot sell used items.
Yes! We are always glad to help. Contact us any time from our contact page. Attach images taken with clear light to support your inquiry and receive a quick reply.
Please contact us with your order number, a description of what happened and a picture. We will make it right.
- We currently ship across Canada and plan to expand into the US during 2022.
- Our hope is to ship internationally once we are large enough to support the customer care required.
- If you are an international customer and would like to order 30 towels or more, please use our contact page to purchase.
Shipping is calculated at checkout by a system called Ship Station. It varies depending on your location. We ship from the GTA in Ontario.
We ship our products in a reusable, certified compostable, mailer bag by Noissue. .
As a small business, we ship your items ourselves.
- Machine made woven towels have a very low manufacturing waste. Almost no yarn is wasted and faulty towels are sent to the fabric recycling facility.
- Some plastic is required to be used during shipping.
Yes! Pomp & Sass products are plastic free. Our towels are made from pure Turkish cotton. Care tags are also cotton. The swing tags are made from paper you can recycle. The string is jute which can be composted.
- Yes! Recycle these towels through fabric recycling services and the fibre will be repurposed for something new.
- Pro tip: If you repurpose old towels for something other than personal hygiene or fashion you can extend the life of the product. Consider pet towels, emergency flood or car towels. If it’s just the pattern you don’t like, use them as a gift wrap next holiday!
Canada doesn’t currently offer manufacturing for our product. We hope this will soon change. The last weaving machine in Canada was shut off over ten years ago.
If you learn of a weaving machine in operation here in Canada, please tell us!
- Please contact us at [email protected] with your request and we will provide you with our wholesale discount on applicable quantities. Customization services are available too.
Absolutely! We specialize in customization. Email us at [email protected] with your request and we will provide you with an exclusive product design for your business or event.
Only the best. Ethically Made Towels- Joyfully - Living our Best Lives
We at Pomp & Sass are proud to offer a luxury product that is useful, sustainable, ethically made with a built-in social mission. The portion of profits donated to charity supports the third UN Sustainable Development Goal of Good Health & Wellbeing. You know you’re not just buying an incredible product, you’re supporting a better future